MLB 2020 Post Season and World Series
07, THU OCT 08 at 9:08 ET
LA Dodgers vs. SD Padres
- Play against all run line favorites of -120 to +115 starting a pitcher who gave up 2 or less earned runs in his last two outings, with a hot bullpen whose ERA is under 2.00 the last 10 games. This system is 52-20 = 72% the last five seasons when betting against the Dodgers. Greg's Thursday evening run line system is to take the San Diego Padres +1.5 runs @ -105.
06, THU OCT O8 at 2:08 ET
Marlins vs. Braves
- Marlins team total over 3.5 runs @ -133
05, WED OCT 07 at 7:10 ET
Yankees vs. Rays
- Take the Yankees and Rays game over 8.5 runs @ -125, (8-4,) WON
04, TUE OCT 06 at 4:37 ET
Astros vs. Athletics
- Take the Athletics at +104 on the money line, ((2-5,) lost
03 THU OCT 01 at 7:08
Cardinals vs. Padres
- Play National League home teams with a high slugging percentage of .430 or greater OVER the total when playing against a team with a good bullpen whose WHIP is 1.350 or lower when batting .225 or worse in their last 10 games. This system is 80-40 = 66.7% since 1997. Greg's MLB comp is for the Cardinals and Padres to sail OVER 8.5 runs @ -120, 11-09,) WON.
02, WED SEPT 30 at 4:07 ET
Blue Jays +127 in the 1ST 5 innings
Hyun-Jin Ryu gets the start for Toronto, in six road starts Ryu has averaged 5.4 innings per start with an ERA of 2.20, WHIP of 0.979 allowing 8 earned runs on 23 hits, (one homer,) while walking 9 vs. 37 strikeouts. In his most recent three starts he has an ERA of 1.42, WHIP of 1.158 averaging 6.3 innings while allowing 3 earned runs on 19 hits with zero home runs while walking 3 vs. 19 strikeouts.
In two starts vs. the Rays this season he has pitched a combined 9.7 innings allowing 4 earned runs on 7 hits, (one home run,) while walking 3 vs. 10 strikeouts. On August 22 he went 5 innings allowing one run on 3 hits with no walks vs. 6 strikeouts.
Tyler Glasnow gets the start for the Rays, he is 5-1 with an ERA of 4.08. He did not pitch against the Blue Jays this season but he is 0-2 with a 6.17 ERA in six career starts against Toronto. Glasnow has allowed 5 earned runs in 11.6 innings vs. the Blue Jays. Greg's MLB comp is on the Blue Jays +127 in the first 5 innings, (2-8,) lost.
01, TUE SEPT 29 at 5:00 Eastern Time
Toronto Blue Jays at Tampa Bay Rays
A First 5 Innings UNDER Selection
Matt Shoemaker gets the start for Toronto,he has faced the Rays twice this season, on August 21 in Tampa and on August 16 in Buffalo. He/Team won in Tampa, (6-5,) and he went 5 innings allowing 2 earned runs, (both home runs,) on 4 hits while walking one and striking out 6. In his August 16 start the Blue Jays lost, (7-5.) Shoemaker allowed 3 earned runs on 3 hits, one of which was a home run while walking one and striking out 7 and his outing ended in a "no decision." Shoemaker last pitched on September 21 vs. the Yankees and in 3 innings he allowed one earned run on 3 hits while walking 2 batters and striking out one. Shoemaker is 4-0 vs. th Rays with an ERA of 2.56, WHIP of 1.009. Shoemaker and the Jays are 5-2 in his seven starts vs. the Rays.
Blake Snell gets the start for the Rays, his home ERA is 2.57, WHIP of 1.333 averaging 4.2 innings per start allowing 6 earned runs on 18 hits, (2 homers,) while walking 10 vs. 32 strikeouts.
In his most recent three starts Snell's ERA is 2.20, WHIP of 1.164 averaging 5.4 innings per start while allowing 4 earned runs, (2 homers,) with 6 walks vs. 18 strikeouts.
Snell had two starts vs. the Blue Jays this season in his most recent appearance; he went 5.7 innings allowing 2 earned runs, (one homer,) while walking 1 vs. 9 strikeouts. On July 24 he went 2 innings allowing no earned runs on 3 hits, while walking 2 vs. 4 strikeouts. Greg's MLB comp is for the Blue Jays and Rays to stay under 4 runs @ -115 in the first 5 innings, (1-0,) WON.